Featured Slider

Thursday, August 10, 2017

4 Crafty Chicks #363 - Spotlight Technique

Happy Thursday!

WOW!  This week has flown by! WHOOSH!

There's a new challenge today at 4 Crafty Chicks and I'm the hostess!


This is an old technique as far as stamping goes but for some reason I have never done it before now.  I had a lot of fun and created not one but two cards for some inspiration ---
I went to the SSAT Stamp Show last month in Raleigh, spent too much money of course!  I got this bird stamp at the Seaside Stampin' Ink booth, it's called Zen Macaw.  My hubs loves birds and collects ceramic ones and he agreed I HAD to get this one. 
Then, we saw this Zen Kitten one, it was sold out, but I was able to order it and have it shipped to me.  

I decided to use alcohol inks for my "spotlights".  I spent a whole evening creating alcohol inked backgrounds, which was fun in and of itself.  Then, I stamped the bird and cat on two separate backgrounds with archival ink and let them dry before die cutting them for the spotlight.   

I used a sentiment from Stamplorations on the bird card and a sentiment die from Lil' Inker Designs on the cat. 

I think the cat is my favorite.  It reminds me of our sweet Socrates who we just lost last week due to an illness.   

Go check out Leanne's, Tamie's, Lori's and our August Guest Designer Lyn's projects over at the Hen House.  And be sure and share your spotlight projects with us too!

For Following Challenges:
Stamping, Alcohol Inks, Spotlight Technique, 
Die Cut (Cat card)

Crafty Chick Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I've never done this technique either! I love how you've done it! I'm so sorry that Socrates passed. He was such a sweet kitty! xoxo

Leanne said...

Friend what a great challenge, I can't remember making this one before, or in a long time, so thank you. You are amazing with these two cards, awesome stamps, and the colors pop! Love it! Hugs, L

Tamie said...

Incredible stamps and they are so perfect for this challenge. I love the colors you chose for both of your cards. Great inspiration.

nancy littrell said...

Thank you, Nance for sharing both your alcohol ink spotlight cards. I have not done that technique for a very long time. So sorry about losing your beloved cat too. So pleased you joined our CAS Mix Up Challenge. Hugs

Bonnie said...

Thanks for adding to the CAS Mix Up gallery!

Loll said...

Great examples of the spotlight technique, Nance. I haven't seen it done with alcohol inks before. Both cards are really beautiful. Thanks for sharing the cat card with us at CAS Mix Up! And so sorry to hear about your dear Socrates.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful colorful spotlighting on your images Nance! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx